In an attempt to release a movie so huge it’ll give each fan his very own heart attack, Disney has crammed every single hero from the Marvel Cinematic Universe into one (okay, two) giant film(s). To prepare for the only film with a call sheet longer than its running time, check out the following fake spoilers for Avengers: Infinity War…
Her answer was epic:
I think it’s so stupid because of this whole minorities in Hollywood thing. It’s so stupid. Stop stealing all the white people’s superheroes. Make up your own. You know what I am saying? What’s up with that?
While this may be a bit harsh (Rodriguez indeed backpedaled a bit on her Facebook page after her comment), it speaks to the current craze within, if not yet so much the comicbook movie industry, certainly the print comicbook biz.
The “Big Two” companies, Marvel and DC, over recent years have “re-imagined” many of their popular heroes by
- turning Thor into a woman
- having Sam Wilson, the Falcon and an African-American, assume the role of Captain America
- making Ms. Marvel a teenaged Muslim female
- making Green Lantern a Muslim male
- making the original Green Lantern gay
- creating an Hispanic-black Spider-Man
- turning Nick Fury into a black man
- transforming Johnny Storm, the Human Torch, into a black guy
- making Asgard’s Heimdall a black guy
- officially making Catwoman bisexual