We have great news for fiction and narrative nonfiction writers: we are launching a new quarterly literary journal to be published in print and online.
The to-be-named publication will feature emerging authors from our writing programs, but will also be open to submissions from authors and writers of any background. With the goal of cultivating short stories and narrative nonfiction work that wrestles with themes of liberty and freedom, the journal will publish a collection of 7-8 short works each quarter.
Stay tuned for more details, but if you’d like to submit something for consideration, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Fiction word count: 5,000-10,000 words
- Memoir word count: 1,200-5,000 words
- Essay word count: 500-2,500 words
- Must grapple with liberty-related themes in some way
- Email submissions to [email protected]
- Deadline to submit for the first issue is March 10th
In addition, if you are an illustrator and would like to illustrate for the new magazine, please contact [email protected] with some samples of your work.